Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stitches West

 This last weekend I attended the Stitches West Convention in Santa Clara, Ca.  It was a giant event, with what seemed like about a thousand vendor booths, tons of demos, classes and best of all, like-minded folks all in one place. 

There was a ton of information, and some very interesting classes.  Unfortunately, I signed up late so most of the classes were sold out by the time got around to it.  I actually wouldn't have known about it but for a post in my knitting forum, Knitting Paradise.  At any rate, I was glad that I went.

Another fabulous thing about the show was how much YARN there was there to purchase!  Of course, I could not resist, and bought some very nice yarns, the nicest of which came from Tess's Yarn, out of Portland, Maine.  (/http://www.tessyarns.com/).  It's a little expensive, but oh, so nice!

On Sunday, I took a class from Melissa Leapman, called Fully Fashioned and Fabulous, and I learned some new ways to add detail and shape to knitted garments.  Definitely up my isle, since I like sweaters that have nice design details.
 All in all, it was fun and educational, but in the future, I'd better get my act together sooner, so I can take the classes in which I will learn the most, and that will support my development in knitwear design. 

My next show (that I know of) will be here in my own town, Reno!  That's The Knitters Guild Association's fall show.  www.TKGA.com
Hopefully, I will be doing some volunteer work there.  Looking forward to it!

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment